how to be minimalist in one step

20130516-080637.jpg

There are many guides to minimalism out there; I’ve even written one myself. These guides are full of tips to help you declutter and live with less.

Truthfully, you only have to do a single thing to be a minimalist.

1. Eliminate everything from your life that’s not useful or beautiful.

That’s it. That’s all you need to do to be a minimalist.

1. biofilo wrote:

Hey I am not useful or beautiful! I am not going to eliminate Myself either! They are going to have to kill Me before I die! Ha!

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Permalink

Lol!

Thursday, May 16, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Permalink
  3. Michele wrote:

Its amazing how little we really need. I couldn’t live without my Kindle though.

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Permalink

Dear Michele,

In your case, then, a Kindle would be considered useful. Kinda like my microwave, which we use every day. Others may not agree but who cares? We have only to please ourselves ;)

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:46 pm | Permalink
  5. kris wrote:

Love the William Morris quote! (Or, more accurately, paraphrase.)

Sometimes I try to take it a step further: When I need to get something that’s useful, I try to find something that’s also beautiful. (Or at least not ugly.)

Right now, I’m looking for a new broom. (On our old broom, the bristles have worn down to practically nothing.)

Ideally, my new broom will have natural bristles, a natural wooden handle, and blue stitching to hold the bristles in place. No plastic. Then I will leave it propped up against the wall on the back porch, and I will appreciate its simple beauty every time I come and go. :-)

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:59 pm | Permalink

Excellent catch! I was wondering if anyone would notice! Good luck on your broom hunt!

Friday, May 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm | Permalink