Up, Down, Bubble Around

Hello everyone!

It has been an interesting time as of late. My van left me stranded for the very first time a little while back. While I have it home now, I’m facing a bit of a repair bill in the future because it definitely needs to be fixed.

demons

Of course, these things never happen all by themselves so my router decided to fail and my book royalty income to drop.

Such is life but as a result I’ve been writing more online to cover these unexpected shortfalls. My book projects have been put on hold in favor of more immediate income sources.

I’ve been writing a lot at Bubblews for extra cash and looking into visiting some of my other old writing haunts to cover things.

I wouldn’t be so concerned except for Katie. It isn’t her fault that stuff happens and I don’t want her to do without because of this. We discussed me getting a part time job in town, something that I could walk to but neither of us want the evening hours that would result from that.

Actually, Katie begged me not to work outside of the home, because she wants Mom to be here for her, period.

So I may not be around here too much while I take care of business.

I intend to post regular updates on things through Bubblews, and will write here when I can but I hope you understand that supporting myself and my kid must come first.

Don’t worry – we’re not going to starve. We’re just facing a bit of a shortfall with winter coming on and so I’m proactively kicking into high gear.

If you would like to earn a little money I hope that you will join me using this referral link. I think I get a few pennies when users sign up and post but I’m not sure how that works. Whatever the amount is, every penny counts which is why I’m posting it. In the meantime wish me luck!

Peace,
Annie

1. Kimberly wrote:

Annie have you considered iwriter? I bet you would do well, your a fantastic writer.

Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

Kimberly, I’ve never heard of iwriter. Do you have more information?

Monday, November 4, 2013 at 1:06 pm | Permalink
  3. Kimberly wrote:

Iwriter.com, People,companies can go there to buy articles for their blogs. The writer makes I think 6.00 per article starting out and the higher your ratings the more you make up to 18.Don’t quote me I am not sure about the money details, I have only purchased content for a blog. I have never written for them.You write very well.It might be another avenue of income that you could try.

Monday, November 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Permalink
  4. Thanks Annie for talking about Bubble…I just signed up under your link. See ya there :)

Take care and all the best.

Lyle

Saturday, November 9, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Permalink
  5. Sheila wrote:

Hi Annie, I really enjoyed your book, Stay at Home Mom. The years I was a stay at home mom were the best years of my life. I had to go back to work when I got a divorced but I am now at home again, working full-time from my home. Not quite a stay at home mom but at home, nonetheless. Sorry to hear of your recent crunch. I hope the bubbling brings what you need. Enjoying your blog and I really, really admire you for your commitment to your daughter and for your strength in sticking to your frugal lifestyle. I have recently re-defined my definition of freedom – I want less stuff and more of my own time!- and your blog and books are helping lots. I look forward to reading lots more. Thanks!

Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 2:26 am | Permalink

Hi Sheila,

So glad to meet you! If I can ever be of service please let me know!

Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

One Trackback/Pingback

1. Why I Live on $16.67 a Day | Annienygma on Friday, November 1, 2013 at 7:28 pm

[…] I take this responsibility very seriously; I watch my income and expenses like a hawk and get busy if I even suspect that there is going to be a dip in my income. […]