Okay David, I’m game! Let’s see what I can do!
I went through my house this morning and chose my 10 items. In some ways it was harder than I imagined it would be, but the freedom I felt when done was so intense that I actually went over the mark a touch!
Here’s my list:
- Hat that I never wear.
- Mixer with a missing beater (I never used it even before I lost the beater).
- Stack of papers I planned to print on the back-side of before using as a birdcage liner (going straight to the bird cage now).
- Several pairs of old socks (why was I keeping these–I have a ton of new socks).
- Pair of old undies.
- Pack of cigarettes from years ago (I don’t even smoke, but they were stashed away nevertheless!)
- Stainless steel paper towel holder (no longer needed since we almost never use paper towels these days).
- Stainless steel napkin holder (has never been used for napkins and is no longer needed for holding paper cause I toss my paper now).
- Small pet transport box, saved for the guinea pigs to play in. Now placed in their pen so they can enjoy.
- Unused oven mitt. I always grab my cloth towels for this job–why am I keeping something I never use?
- Unused pot holders. Same reason as #10.
- Old Convention flyer I found stuck in a book.
- Plastic banana stand. I wanted one of these things for years then after the purchase discovered that wanting is better than having! Good-bye, wasted money!
I took a picture of most of the items, but missed the couple of items I went over on. Oh well–you get the idea!
That was kinda fun, so I’m planning on keeping a running list of the things I eliminate in preparation for next week!